Monday, February 9, 2009

Return of Tennis

Nostalgic memories of hot, summer days endlessly playing tennis have seeped into my mind, taking all of my present concentration.  All I can think about is how I just want to keep playing!  It feels like spring outside, and I'm loving it!!  I got to play some tennis today for the first time in what seems like forever.  I used to have an incredible fervor for tennis, and still do, but not quite to the extent as during my high school days.  Much of my time used to be devoted to the sport.  I'd spend weeks at camp, play hour after hour with my best friend almost dying in the 80-90 degree weather, go to daily school practices, drive my dad insane trying to get him to play with me on the weekends, and consistently do training on my own all because of my passion (or should I say obsession) for tennis.  But hey, I guess it's a productive habit.  According to Self.com, tennis burns approximately 475 calories an hour.  Not to mention it builds muscles, increases endurance, works on agility, and enhances reaction time.  I wouldn't mind making more time currently to get out and play.  Hopefully the weather stays nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment