Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm Going to Bonnaroo :)


bonnaroo.jpg

I purchased Bonnaroo tickets this past weekend, and let me tell you, I am pumped!!  June couldn't come soon enough.  The line-up consists of well over 50 bands, and as quoted from Rolling Stone, Bonnaroo has become a "mind-blowing musical smorgasbord".  From classics such as Bruce Springsteen to rappers including Snoop Dogg to indie bands such as the Decemberists, Bonnaroo has a little bit of everything making it so almost anyone would want to go.  In fact, my dad's almost convinced that he wants to come along to the event!  I don't blame him; Lucinda Williams, Merle Haggard, Bruce Springsteen, and our favorite soul-jammer Erykah Badu will all be performing.  (To most kids this sounds like a nightmare, but my dad definitely hasn't grown out of his "hippiness" yet, and if he's helping to pay for my $250 ticket, then I'd be glad to have him come along.)  

mudpeople2il.jpg

I actually only just found out about the event last summer after I read an article about it in a Rolling Stone magazine that happened to be lying around on one of our coffee tables.  To me, Bonnaroo sounded like the Woodstock of my generation.  The article portrayed the event as a hippie dream land, full of stellar music, drugged grilled cheese, whimsical dancing, and communal bonding/partying/camping, (oh and showers)!  After finishing the article, I knew I had to eventually go.  However I surmised this would just be an unfulfilled dream...But after talking it over with a friend, we decided this was an opportunity we couldnt't pass up...which means music blaring, tent in the trunk, and my dream carried out as we head on a road trip to Tennessee this summer!  SO EXCITED

No comments:

Post a Comment