Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fuitylicious To Keep Your Booty-licious


Fruit salads are one of the simplest, yet most delicious meals you can prepare. Great as a light breakfast, lunch, snack, or even dessert, fruit salads are good for almost anytime of the day. I enjoyed the one above for lunch today, and it took me literally five minutes to prepare. Cut up any fruit you have lying around and top it with any combination of nuts, granola, yogurt, cereal, or anything else in which you think fruit would pair well. If you need a little help, check out the recipe below to make the fruit salad I enjoyed earlier today. I was able to combine a variety of foods to incorporate a substantial amount of fiber, vitamins, protein, and omega 3's to keep me energized and satisfied until dinner.

Grace's Fab Fruit Salad
-1/2 apple, sliced-------------Vitamin and antioxidant power + Fiber
-1/2 banana, sliced-----------Vitamin and antioxidant power + Fiber
-1 8oz container nonfat Greek Yogurt------Protein
-5-8 walnuts, chopped------Omega 3's, heart healthy fats + Protein
-A few raisins----------------Vitamins + A bit of natural sweetness

Combine yogurt, apples, and banana in a bowl. Sprinkle walnuts and raisins on top, and voila, a healthy, yummy meal in no time. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, looks so sweet and crunchy. Walnuts are my favorite raw nut...sorry almond. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace, I'm so glad I found your blog- we seem very similar, and I really enjoy your words of fitness/health wisdom (in some of your previous posts).

    I had fruit w/ yogurt last night for dinner with almonds. I didn't even miss the granola, which I usually add in the morning. :) So YUM!

    ReplyDelete