Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pilates!


So I took my first Pilates class today, and to my surprise it was actually quite challenging!  I surmised it would be like yoga, but it actually wasn't quite as similar as I had imagined.  However, it is definitely a good core work-out and seems to work the muscles in your body that you aren't used to strengthening.  I guess I'll see if I feel anything from it tomorrow, and as of now I feel great!  
From the advice of my doctor since I got mono a couple months ago, I am STILL laying off the running, which let me tell you, is VERY hard for me.  Prior to mono, I was running an average of four miles every two to three days.  I love and miss running, but soon enough I'll be back on my feet.  In the meantime, I'm doing a lot of yoga and getting to try some new things, like Pilates!


No comments:

Post a Comment